It is very important to follow the correct steps when installing injectors. Injectors are highly sensitive equipment and a failure to keep the engine clean and leak-free could lead to more costly repairs.
Follow these steps when installing injectors:
- Clean the injector sealing area in the cylinder head properly.
- Replace the injector-tubes.
- Ensure that injector-seals are in their proper position and lubricate the “O” rings before installing the injectors.
- Make sure your injector plumber settings are correct.
- Replace the fuel filters.
- Replace the water trap.
- Clean the fuel pickups in the fuel tank.
- Start the engine and listen for funny noises.
- Check the system for any fuel leaks.
- Test drive the vehicle and test the available power. Also check for excessive smoke.